Words can fail to express gratitude to doctors on National Doctor’s Day this year. Doctors work 24/7, leading the war on COVID-19 which has changed the way we see life now. When the virus spread like wildfire, one of India’s well-known doctors, Dr. Devi Shetty, said: “The war against the coronavirus can only be won by young doctors and nurses “. It is a day to thank all the doctors who have prioritized their duty to the sick more than anything else in their lives. Many may have met their families only a few times in the past two months.
National Doctor’s Day has been celebrated on July 1 each year since 1991, in honor of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, considered one of the pioneers of the modern health system in India. He was also close to Mahatma Gandhi and his doctor.
National Doctor’s Day: 5 greetings you can send
- “My prescription for you today – smile all day. Happy doctor’s day”
- “No amount of costs can compensate for the life you saved”
- “You are the most wonderful doctor I know”
- “Thank you for making me love life again”
- “May all your days be as wonderful as you have made all mine”
Doctor’s Day: Top quotes
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “We have the capacity … and if, with our faith in our future, we strive with determination, nothing, I am sure, no obstacle, as formidable or insurmountable as it may seem at present , cannot stop our progress … “- Dr BC Roy
- “Drugs cure illnesses but only doctors can cure patients” – Carl Jung
- “The doctor of the future will not give any medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human body, food and the cause and prevention of diseases.” – Thomas Edison
- “People pay the doctor for his troubles; for his kindness, they always remain in his debt.” – Seneca
- “In fact, I wanted to be a heart surgeon long before I became a doctor” – Dr. Devi Shetty