$ 19 million settlement to Harvey Weinstein agrees to buyout: survivors

0
71

Six of the women who laid charges against Weinstein described the proposed deal as “complete”

The New York attorney general said on Tuesday that an agreement had been reached to settle nearly $ 19 million in two sexual misconduct suits on behalf of several women against former jailed film producer Harvey Weinstein.

But lawyers representing six of the women who have laid charges against Weinstein have called the proposed deal a “sale” that did not require 68-year-old Weinstein to accept responsibility or pay money personally.

The settlement, which has yet to be approved by a federal judge and bankruptcy court, would resolve a lawsuit brought against Weinstein, his production company and his brother in 2018 by the New York Attorney General’s office.

It would also settle a separate class action on behalf of women who accused Weinstein of sexual harassment or sexual assault, said New York Attorney General Letitia James.

“After all the harassment, threats and discrimination, these survivors are finally receiving some semblance of justice,” she said on Twitter.

(With the exception of the title, this story was not edited by GalacticGaming staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here