Today’s Google doodle reminds people around the world to wear a mask in the midst of a coronavirus pandemic. The doodle shows all letters wearing a face mask. It is also linked to a series of steps aimed at preventing the spread of the virus.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often. Use soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Stay away from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask when physical distance is not possible.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, see a doctor.
- Calling ahead allows your healthcare professional to direct you to the right healthcare facility quickly. This protects you and prevents the spread of viruses and other infections.
The link also gives information on how masks can help prevent the spread of the virus from the person wearing them to others. Masks alone do not protect against COVID-19 and should be combined with physical distancing and hand hygiene. Follow the advice provided by your local health authority.
At least 18,681,498 cases have now been recorded as the infection rate from the pandemic continues to accelerate.