Delhi man arrested for false information in suspect Singh Rajput case

0
15

Suspect Singh Rajput, 34, was found dead in his Mumbai apartment on June 14.

Bombay:

A Delhi resident accused of spreading false information about the Sushant Singh Rajput case has been arrested by Mumbai police. The man, who claims to be a lawyer, was brought to Mumbai.

The accused’s Twitter account, Vibhor Anand, has been suspended for violating the guidelines of the social media platform. He had made several sensational and defamatory allegations on social media and police said he had concocted several bogus conspiracy theories in the death cases of Mr Rajput and his former manager Disha Salian, and targeted several people through his messages.

The accused was brought to Mumbai in connection with the case and has been charged under sections of the law, including the Information Technology Act. He had made several false allegations, police said.

Vibhor Anand even made sensational allegations about the death of Disha Salian, who had been associated with Sushant Singh Rajput before the actor’s death by suicide on June 14 this year. The man claimed on Twitter that Ms Salian was raped before her death and cited several prominent figures. Ms Salian died on June 8 after falling from the 14th floor of a residential building in Mumbai.

Speaking to GalacticGaming, Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh said: “A false report started in the media that the Mumbai police did a bad job – we faced a lot of abuse. We were always sure of our investigation. “

Last month, Mumbai police arrested a model and YouTuber, posing as a journalist, for allegedly posting abusive content against women on social media. Pradeep Mohinder Singh Choudhary, who is also called Saahil Choudhary, has videos on several topics, including the death of Mr. Rajput, on his YouTube channel.

Following a woman’s complaint, police charged Mr. Choudhary under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code with abusive language on the pretext of being a journalist. Police said the man confessed he was not a journalist and uploaded the videos to boost followers on his YouTube channel and other social media platforms, such as Instagram.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here