• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chef T-Mod Application
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:44845979
Steam Name: Dan
Roleplay Name: Chef
Discord Name: (Include numbers): Dan#2348

Age (must be 14+): 18

Time on Server (over 1 Day required): 3 days 3 hours

Why do you want to be staff on the Galactic Gaming SWRP server? 
(150 words or less): 

I really enjoy playing on this server and what this server offers to the Gmod community. I want to help this server and community by maintaining it's good standing and preventing those who may wish to ruin the goodwill this server has created. I have also had an incredible amount of fun on this server and want to give back, and I feel by being staff, that would allow me to do so. 

Previous infractions -bans-warns-kicks: None

Do you have any experience with staffing servers?: None

What is ulx and do you have experience with it?: ULX is an admin tool for servers, I have no experience with it.

PART A - General knowledge (Explain what the subject is and give a scenario as an example!)

RDM: Random Death Match is when a player will randomly begin shooting other players without an RP reason. E.g. Stormtrooper shooting everyone in Debrief for no reason

Propblock: Prop block is the use of props to block off entrances or doorways to specific areas. E.g. Stormtrooper using a prop to block off the training room. 

FailRP: FailRP is when the character you are playing commits something that isn't probable within that situation. E.g. A stormtrooper having a lightsaber. 

Metagaming: The use of real-life knowledge in a roleplay position when the character shouldn't have that information available. E.g. Knowing where the enemy is in an event, even though your character has not been informed. 

Minging: Minging means when a person usually in a serious rp scenario who goes out of their way to be an idiot and ruin the experience for everyone else e.g. prop-blocking, spawn killing, rdming. Example: Stormtrooper propblocking Debrief, then killing people 

NLR: New Life Rule, meaning that once your character dies you have forgotten your last life and are unaware of current events until alerted. E.g. event is going on involving a jedi, you are killed are, once respawned your character would have no idea a jedi is onboard until informed by surrounding characters or through comms. 

L2AP: Leaving to avoid punishment defines itself, basically a player will leave the game to avoid punishment for their actions. E.g. That ST that has prop blocked the training room and debrief, then chose to shoot everyone has left the game to avoid getting permabanned. 

done//

Part B scenarios
(Answer with what you would do)

(a)Player X kills player Y and the logs confirm it but player X says he definitely did not kill him when you explain that the logs say he did kill him, player X leaves what do you do?: 
I would talk to an Admin about the situation and determine the best course of action, however, if an admin isn't on I would record the user's ID and name and if they do rejoin I would then teleport to them and continue to resolve the situation. I would also inform other mods and admins about the situation to be aware of the person if they do come back online so they may deal with him or her if I am not on to do so myself. 

(b)A player calls an admin sit asking for someone to Perma-Prop their building, But as T-mod you don't have access. How do you deal with this situation?:
I would try and contact an admin who has access to that information and to give me the relevant info, however, if the staff member isn't on I would determine with the player whether he would like to make a support ticket. 

©While roleplaying you see someone being extremely annoying in one way or another and some users complain about them to you. You look into the !Rules and see he isn't actually breaking any rules. When you call him to a sit he starts saying things that definitely annoy you, but still doesn't swear or badmouth you. He is extremely toxic and makes you repeat everything, claiming his headset is broken. What do you do?

I would attempt to calm him down and offer to type so he can understand what I am saying. After several minutes and he has calmed down I would explain to him how I have received multiple complaints about his behaviour. I would try and work with him through the complaints and outline how his behaviour has affected the surround players, attempting to make him understand. I would explain that he hasn't broken any rules and won't receive punishment. After we reach an agreement I would inform the players that have complained that I have dealt with the situation and they should avoid this particular player. However, if there are continuous complaints about this user I would warn him once more, and continue to escalate the punishment if he continues. 

Thanks for reading my application, hopefully I can join the team!
- Chef

===================================================================
END OF APPLICATION
DENIED.
You may re-apply in 2 weeks.
(11-30-2018, 10:58 AM)Juan Wrote: DENIED.
You may re-apply in 2 weeks.

Hi Juan, 

Just wondering what I can improve on next time. 

Thanks - Dan (Chef)